Watch out Startup Day, Kaleidoskoop finalists are ready to blow you mind!
The 7th of December marked the date of
Kaleidoskoop’s preliminary round, which was more popular than ever before – the
record-shattering 42 teams were pitching their business ideas in UT IdeaLab!
Out of all these great ideas jury had to pick out ten most promising ones that have
the opportunity to participate the final at the international business festival
Startup Day on 9th December.
During the day tens of different business
ideas were presented to the jury - some of them grew out of the UT IdeaLab
Starter programme, some were formed in lecture rooms, some were already
excisting studententerprises. Each team had 2 minutes to pitch their idea and 5
minutes to answer the jury’s questions.
Jury picked out ten best student teams:
- Cody: a platform with an aim to simplify the learning programming
- Festera: rubbish bin that decomposes biowaste
- JÄTSU: goat milk ice cream, which is made only from Estonian raw produce
- ManuTec: one-stop web-based marketplace that connects designers and manufacturers
MoveX: an app to help small transportation
companies improve their cooperation and make them more competitive
Rascalteeth: a phone app helping to make tooth
brushing easier for kids
- Senior Gym: a healthcare centre for middle-aged and elderly people with and without health problems
- Triplecase: three sectioned pencil cases
- TutorFriend: russian language classes, service from students to students
- Viljandi Vibes: creating visual image for musicians
Kaleidoskoop competitions is being held already the seventh time! The final will already take place on 9th of December on from 12 PM to 2 PM, winners are announced at 3 PM! The best team will be awarded with tickets to Polar Bear Pitching competition where entrepreneurs have to give their pitches while standing waist deep in ice cold water and other special prices will be set out by from Tartu City Government, Club of Good Thoughts, Union of Viljandi County Municipalities ect.
Kaleidoskoop Finalists announced
For the first time in almost two years the student business ideas comperitionm Kaleidoskoop pre-selection was held in person again. The student teams presented their business ideas during the 3-minute pitch. The jury selected five teams that will present their ideas at the international business festival sTARTUp Day on August 26.
Mentors’ feedback helped the STARTER teams flourish
Mentor Feedback Carousel is one of the most valued parts of the STARTERtartu programme. This year it took place in Spark HUB on the 24th of March. Teams met up with experienced mentors in different fields to get vital feedback on their idea.