Meet the teams of EstLat-Accelerate batch #3
The last batch of startups of EstLat-Accelerate has been working on their ideas for the last few months. There have been workshops in Tartu and Riga, a lot of mentoring and a lot of development!
The EstLat-Accelerate programme started with a mentoring academy in Tartu on the 8th of November. Each team got a personal mentor who will help the team leader to focus on the most important things throughout the pre-accelerator programme. There were two more workshop days - on 30th of November in Riga and on 12th of December in Tartu.
All team leaders got to visit Riga Digital Freedom Festival and Slush! They did a really good job by taking part in the workshops, networking and getting new ideas to develop their businesses!
- Captain Corrosion OÜ - We are providing corrosion consultation, corrosion testing and materials characterization services.
- DeltaHeroes - We want to help companies in finding international partners via smart matchmaking platform.
- Extreme Tribe - A community helping digital nomads do extreme sports while working and traveling one month at a time
- Ketita Labs OÜ - Commercialize near-term quantum computing with hybrid quantum-classical neural networks.
- ZEITGEIST - It is both a web platform for films and music as well as a constantly evolving cultural archive for future generations to look back on, listen to and experience.
- TRIT - makes translators more visible, more resource efficient and placing orders easier.
- VRE - Online marketing tool that helps real estate sellers boost sales by creating extra value for clients
- Airda - Drone thermal camera inspection of University buildings and CO2 emission in the gas leak detection
- CalenDays - AI-powered Personal Assistant for time & project management that automates your planning actions.
- CYBERME.LV - We are teaching the Cybersecurity competences for kids and teens!
- FinanceFlow - We provide a platform for cash flow management for company owners.
- OpenSchool - OpenSchool is first non-human AI chatbot driven school where users learn with chatbot assistance
- Scan&Buy - Mobile application which allows buying products from a visual advertisement or visual material.
- Wisemet - Battery powered IoT device designed for mobile operators to utilize NB IoT network possibilities
About the EstLat-Accelerate project
EstLat-Accelerate is a pre-accelerator programme to facilitate the development of the Latvian and Estonian startup environment, which was launched under the auspices of the European Regional Development Fund’s programme Interreg Estonia–Latvia 2014–2020. The programme is implemented in accordance with the cohesion policy’s goal of promoting European territorial cooperation. The programme offers the opportunity to develop cooperation between Estonia and Latvia, which began with the fulfillment of the Estonia-Latvia-Russia INTERREG IIIA Priority within the Baltic Sea Region INTERREG III B neighborly relations programme in 2004 and the Estonia–Latvia programme from 2007–2013.
The EstLat-Accelerate project is part of the European Regional Development Fund programme Interreg Estonia–Latvia. The project’s partnership cities are Riga and Tartu. They are both represented by five partners, i.e. the founders of the local startup community – the Latvian Startup Association Startin.lv, TechHub Riga, Tartu University, the Garage48 foundation and the Baltic Innovation Agency.
The programme is implemented under the European territorial cooperation goal of the cohesion policy and it supports cross-border cooperation. The programme is co-funded by European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), the Republic of Estonia and the Republic of Latvia.
This publication reflects the views of the author. The managing authority of the programme is not liable for how this information may be used.
Startup Lab training programme boosted the innovation capacity of Ukrainian universities
University of Tartu sTARTUp Lab stops its activities!
Startup Lab, former Idealab, started in 2013 and stops its activities in December 2023.
Starter pre-incubation programme teams gained new motivation from mentors for idea development
One of the key events in the StarterTartu programme is the Mentor Feedback Carousel, where teams meet mentors from various fields to receive crucial feedback on their ideas. This year, the event took place on October 5th at Spark HUB, the center of the startup and technology community, bringing together 11 mentors and 22 teams, with a total of 100 students benefiting from the mentors' valuable insights.