Kaleidoskoop finalists are now selected - the 10 best teams will compete in the finals next Friday!
Thursday, May the 11th marked the date of the selection round of Kaleidoskoop competition - the biggest youth business and project ideas competition in South-Estonia, taking place for eighth time already! In the first round, the board of judges picked out 10 most promising ideas that will compete in the finals on 19th of May!
During the day, tens of different business ideas were presented to the jury: from world-changing social projects to mobile apps, sports events and hardware projects. Ideas were pitched in Estonian, in English and even in sign language. Even some guitar chords were played!
Brothers Rihard and Robert Sokman from Student company KLAPP said that although they have participated in several competitions already, Kaleidoskoop was a great variety for them. "Comparing to usual student companies' competition, there were some differences - more services and less physical products, for instance!" Rihard shared his impressions.
However, the decision had to be made. Here are the 10 teams who compete in Finals:
- FictionFeel - interactive map-based mobile application, which lets the user discover city through fiction - poems, texts, old photos and games;
- Gazelle – activity for youth: finger skateboard parks;
- Medify – application that turns rescue services faster and more efficient;
- MÖTIW – fully customisable sustainable notebook that will last forever;
- Pancake story – gather interesting stories from fellow peers in exchange for a pancake, which will be used to promote the university;
- Poko – environmentally friendly reusable alternative for tiny plastic bags;
- Zero Projects – easy to use software that helps people to design their own low energy buildings;
- Viiperaamat – sign language children books that will deaf and auditory disordered kids develop their language skills;
- WillDigital – marking estate planning for digital assets easy and secure;
- ÕF KLAPP – smart earphone holders with a NFC sticker.
Sven Parkel, STARTER program mentor and member of the jury, was positively suprised about the dedication and profoundity of this year's teams. "I saw how much effort they put into their projects and I must say, that's truly impressive," he said. According to Parkel, the general standard of the competition was high and for board of judges, it was not easy to decide which teams deserve a place in the finals the most.
Kaleidoskoop finals will be held next Friday, 19th of May in SPARK Tartu (Narva mnt 3)! We'll start with the pitches at 12 PM. The competition will be public, so everyone is welcome to listen to pitches and support their favourite teams! In addition to Kaleidoskoop winners, VEGA fund kickoff capital recipients will be announced during the event.
Event was funded by European Social Fund.
Startup Lab invites to participate in international online pre-incubation programme focusing on green solutions
An exciting end to the STARTERtartu programme at the Delta X finals
The STARTERtartu programme ended with an awesome pitching competition at Delta X. The teams competed for a spot to pitch at Startup Day pitching stage. There were 6 teams chosen to compete in the next round at next round.