The six best teams from Delta X Finals will get the chance to pitch their idea at the Startup Day, at the students' pitching competition Kaleidoskoop.
To participate in the DeltaX pre-selection all teams must submit a 3-minute video presentation of their idea. You can present the video pitch in English or Estonian! We suggest pitching in English because if you get to DeltaX and sTARTUp Day then you need to bring your best performance in English.
Pre-selection is open to all early-stage student teams that…
- Have been developing their idea for no more than a year.
- At least 50% of members are studying at universities, vocational or general education schools.
What are we looking at pre-selection?
- The essence of the problem
- The novelty of the solution
- Product-market fit
- Progress made including MVP
- Team's competence
- Pitching skills
How to apply?
- Record a 3-minute video pitch and add it to your application form or send the link to email@example.com.
- The pitch can be either in English or Estonian.
- Video pitch deadline 22.11.2023 at 23:59
25 teams participated in the preliminary round of Delta X. The evaluation of the competition was based on video presentations (3 min) and a statement submitted by the team, which included a description of the problem to be solved, the solution, the market and the prototype, as well as the background information of the team members.
The preliminary round videos were evaluated by: Hanna Liis Remmelg (Tartu Science Park business incubator manager), AntsOskar Mäesalu (entrepreneur and developer, co-founder of TRIT OÜ), Taavi Tamm (entrepreneur and mentor, MyGames growth manager, PRIA service design advisor) and Piret Arusaar (program manager of the entrepreneurship education program Edu jaTegu STARTER ).
Based on the jury's scores, 7 teams were selected to advance to the Delta X final competition, which will take place on December 14, 2023, in the Delta Center of the University of Tartu.
Teams who were selected:
1. Another Round - lithium battery collection and recycling system service.
2. FoodTracker - an application that helps you keep track of food expiration dates.
3. KOIT - programming learning platform for schools
4. Parcare - an application that brings together the owner of the parking space and the parker.
5. Urbanalytics - an application that allows citizens to provide the local government with real-time information about urban maintenance problems.
6. Vana Lugu - personal audio tours based on interests and hobbies for visitors to the city of Tartu, which allow visitors to discover the city at their own pace.
7. WoofMates - an application that brings together dog owners and creates an opportunity for dogs to socialize.
The event is funded by the European Social Fund.
I am aware and I give my permission to:
1. Take pictures of me at the public event.
2. Use pictures and videos for marketing purposes in the programme communications.
3. Use my information for the entrepreneurship programme Edu ja Tegu participants' statistics and feedback.